- Carvertise is a car advertising company that pays drivers to wrap their vehicles in ads.
- Carvertise campaigns pay between $350 – $1,500 and can last up to six months.
- Payments are made via direct deposit every month.
What if you could get paid an extra $300 every month just for driving your car? Would you take up that opportunity? Well, with Carvertise, that’s exactly how much you can earn.
Carvertise is a car advertising company that pays you to wrap your car in stylish ads. Carvertise can act as a great second income if you already do a lot of driving. For example, if you drive for a ridesharing or food delivery service such as UberEats or DoorDash, you can use Carvertise to earn additional income.
In this Carvertise review, we will go over everything you need to know about how Carvertise works, what you can earn, and how to get started.
What is Carvertise?
Carvertise is America’s largest car advertising company. The company has partnered with over 300+ brands and has a network of over 550,000 registered drivers—all of who are earning passive monthly income driving for Carvertise.
Brands are willing to advertise with Carvertise because car advertising is effective. There is plenty of research and data that back up the advertising method. Take these for example:
- According to OOH, out-of-home advertising (such as car ads) increases digital search effectiveness by over 40%.
- 96% of viewers of mobile outdoor advertisements say they have more impact than a static billboard, according to a study by the American Trucking Association Study.
- According to 3M, 91% of people notice text and graphics on car advertising.
How does Carvertise work?
1. Complete a simple application
When you sign up for Carvertise (more on that later in this review), you’ll have to complete a simple application that includes questions about your driving habits.
2. Get matched with brands
Carvertise will then match you to brands that like your driving habits. You have full control over which brand gets advertised on your car.
3. Get your car wrapped
Once you choose a brand, Carvertise will send you to a wrap shop close to you, where a professional will wrap your car with the ad.
4. Get paid
You’ll then get paid every month through direct deposit until the campaign is over. Most campaigns earn anywhere between $350 – $1,500. How much you make largely depends on your location. If you live in a busy metropolitan area, then you’ll likely earn more since it’s assumed that more people will see your car ad.
5. Get the wrap removed from your car
Once the advertising campaign is over, Carvertise will remove the wrap from your vehicle for free. You will then immediately have the option to start a new campaign if there is one available.
Carvertise driver requirements
Carvertise works with top brands, including Amazon, Nascar, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Sprint. For this reason, they carefully vet each driver to ensure brands are getting the most out of their advertising budget.
Before you apply for Carvertise, you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
- 18 years or older
- Fully licensed and insured
- Drive a minimum of 30 miles a day
- Have a factory paint job
- Own a 2009 model year vehicle or newer
- Clean driving record
- Pass a background check
- Complete a Carvertise interview
It also helps if you live or work in a large metropolitan area such as New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, etc. Although anyone can apply, it makes sense that brands want the most eyes on your car to maximize their campaign’s effectiveness.
How much money can I make with Carvertise?
On average, you can expect to earn between $350 – $1,500 per campaign. However, it’s worth mentioning that every campaign has a different payout. Generally, the larger the size of the campaign, the higher the payout. Campaigns can last anywhere from two to six months or more.
Carvertise will pay you every month through a direct deposit to your bank account. Carvertise never sends checks, so beware of scammers that claim to be Carvertise sending you checks. They are likely fake.
Carvertise Cash Contests
Most Carvertise campaigns start with a base payout of $100 per month. You’ll also have the opportunity to boost your earnings by completing Cash Contests. A Carvertise Cash Contest is an opportunity to earn extra cash by completing a task, such as parking in a select location during a specified time frame.
How to get started with Carvertise
Getting started with Carvertise is easy and only requires a few simple steps:
1. Go to https://carvertise.com/drivers/.
2. Click on Become a driver.
3. Enter your name, email, and phone number.
4. Enter your car information, including the make, model, year, color, and condition.
5. To ensure easy acceptance into the Carvertise program, be sure to include a detailed description of your driving routine.
6. Enter the final details, including your home and work city, average miles you drive, and if you are a rideshare driver.
7. Hit the Submit button
Your application has now been submitted. At this point, you’ll just play the waiting game. If your driving profile matches with an interested brand, Carvertise will contact you.
- Earn passive income for doing something you would normally do anyway—driving.
- Pick which advertisers you want to go on your car.
- Your car wrap is installed and de-installed by nearby professionals.
- Get paid by direct deposit every month.
- Earn more per campaign if you are a rideshare driver.
- You must live in a popular metropolitan area. Otherwise, brands will likely not want to work with you.
- There have been some complaints of brands cutting campaigns short and drivers losing out on the income.
- Some drivers have complained about their paint job being damaged after the wrap is removed from their car.
A warning about car wrap scammers
It’s not uncommon for scammers to target you claiming to be Carvertise. In fact, these scams are so common that the FTC released a warning about these scams.
In essence, the way these scams work is that someone contacts you claiming to be Carvertise. They tell you that they’ll send you a check to deposit into your bank account. They’ll then instruct you to use some of the deposited money to pay a specialist to wrap your car.
Typically, these scammers will tell you to pay by money order or make a cash deposit directly into the “specialists” bank account.
The problem? That specialist isn’t actually who you think. You’re giving your money to a scammer who lives thousands of miles from you. And that check that you cashed? It will bounce. And when it does, the bank will take back the money from your bank account, leaving you with a big dent in your account or with a negative balance. And yes, you are responsible for paying it back.
It’s only after time has passed that many people realize they’ve been the victim of a scam. By that time, it’s usually too late, and they’ve likely lost thousands of dollars.
If you know how to spot these scams, you can avoid them altogether.
Here are a few takeaway points to remember to help you avoid car wrap scams:
- Carvertise only pays by direct deposit and will never send you a check.
- Carvertise never reaches out to you if you didn’t initiate contact with them.
- If Carvertise does contact you, be sure to check that the email is a @carvertise.com email. Scammers commonly mask their email to make it appear that they are Carvertise.
- Carvertise will never ask you to pay for anything.
Is Carvertise worth it?
If you live in a busy city and meet all of the driver requirements, then Carvertise is worth it. Getting paid for doing something you already have to do is a big bonus.
You will essentially be driving around in a moving billboard, and you will certainly have eyes on you. If you are okay with the attention, then why not give Carvertise a try?
Want more ways to make money? Check out these posts:
- 81 Ways to Make Money Online From Home
- 101 Ways To Increase Your Income
- 61 Side Hustles for College Students To Make Money
Is Carvertise legitimate?
Yes, Carvertise is a legitimate company that pays its driver’s real money to wrap ads on their vehicles. Carvertise has a 4.7 out of 5 star review on Facebook based on reviews from 140+ people. There have been many reports of scammers using Carvertise’s name to send fraudulent checks to people. Please be aware that Carvertise only pays via direct deposit and will never ask you to do anything that seems suspicious.
How much can you get paid to wrap your car?
Although each campaign varies, you can expect to earn a base of $100 per month. On average, drivers can expect to earn between $350 – $1,500 per campaign. Campaigns typically last between two and six months.
How long is a Carvertise campaign?
Most Carvertise campaigns will last between two and six months. However, there have been a few reports of campaigns being cut short by brands, but this is rare.
Does Carvertise damage your car’s paint?
As long as you have a factory paint job, your car’s paint should be safe. Carvertise partners with qualified wrap shops across the country and will send your vehicle to one closest to you. Your vehicle is always wrapped and unwrapped by professionals. With that being said, it’s worth mentioning that there have been reports of car paint jobs being damaged due to the wrap. While these reports are minimal, it’s something to consider.
Can I do Uber or Lyft and Carvertise at the same time?
Absolutely! In fact, in the eyes of Carvertise and brands that advertise with them, it’s a huge bonus. If you are already driving hundreds of miles a week working for ridesharing apps like Uber or Lyft, why not earn additional income by placing ads on your car with Carvertise? It’s a win-win situation. You’ll make your primary income as a rideshare driver, and you’ll get a bonus check each month using Carvertise.
Can I deliver food for UberEats or DoorDash and use Carvertise at the same time?
Like driving for Uber and Lyft, it’s a bonus if you deliver food and use Carvertise. Brands that advertise with Carvertise prefer rideshare and delivery vehicles because they get more exposure to people.
About the author